EVENT FOR PARENTS & CARERS: 27th February 2017 - Post 19 Education – What is my child entitled to?
The Children and Families Act 2014 provides that an Education, Health and Care Plan can continue to be maintained until the age of 25. However, the law does not provide a right of education to the age of 25. To date, this is resulting in a post code lottery of provision where some young people are receiving provision post 19 and others are not.
This seminar is for parents and carers who are concerned at the provision which is being offered to their child after the age of 19. The seminar will explain:
- The duties of the Local Authority in considering post 19 education
- The young person’s rights and how you can support them
- How social care support may be accessed
- Your rights to request specialist independent college placements and therapies
- Appealing to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal
The seminar will take place in Cambridge on Tuesday 21st February 2017. We will be running two different slots due to the demand. Session 1 will take place from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm. Session 2 will take place from 5.00pm to 8.00pm.
To register your interest please email us at email@example.com and a formal booking form will be sent to you. Alternatively, you can complete an online booking form below and we will invoice you for the seminar. The cost of the seminar is £50.00 per person, which includes light refreshments.
Just received the decision, dismissed on all counts. Many thanks for supporting us through this
Contact Baker Small Solicitors
For more information on the services provided by Baker Small and how we may be able to assist you please contact us on 01908 889081 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss you requirements.
Latest News & EventsRead All
- 22Jan ARTICLE: Seeking a Special School for a child with an Education, Health and Care Plan
- 06Dec ARTICLE - A part-time timetable and a case of discrimination; a lesson for educationa...
- 12Nov PRESS RELEASE: SEN4YOU now available in the Eastern Region for Parents and Young Peop...
- 11Nov ARTICLE: Post-19 Conundrum for Young People with Special Educational Needs